The National Geographic Magazine, an illustrated monthly, the March Number.
It includes the following articles:
- The So-Called Jeannette Relics, by Professor William H. Dall
- Nansen's Polar Expedition, by General A. W. Greely
- The Submarine Cables of the World, by Gustave Herrle
- Peter Cooper and Submarine Telegraphy
- The Russo-American Telegraph Project of 1864-67, by Professor William H. Dall
- Survey and Subdivision of Indian Territory, by Henry Gannett
- Free Burghs in the United States, by James H. Blodgett
along with a few miscellanea notes.